Ambrosia and Nectar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hidden in Plain Sight

3 posters

Go down

Hidden in Plain Sight Empty Hidden in Plain Sight

Post by dragon225girl Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:19 am

Heather looked to the grandeur of Olympus and was blown away. She had always known it was amazing. It had to be. It was the home of the Gods. Even then, she could never truly picture it. Now she stood before it, baffled. "This is... wow," she said, looking around. "No wonder they hardly ever leave."
dragon225girl
dragon225girl
Demi-God

Location : Scuffling with the Fifth Daemon... Curse you, subconsiousness!

Back to top Go down

Hidden in Plain Sight Empty Re: Hidden in Plain Sight

Post by Highly Caffeinated Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:45 pm

[Who's heather? I thought her name was harvest.]
Highly Caffeinated
Highly Caffeinated
Titan

http://www.speshulcookie.fo

Back to top Go down

Post by alistar Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:49 pm

I smiled and laughed gently. "They leave all the time" And i looked up at the sun, glowing so brightly, "After all they have all us children dont they?" I started to walk up to the gates, and i saw The gate keepers appear, Alexiares and Anicetus. "Hail, sons of Hebe, decedents of Zues, I ask passage for myself and my companion. We are here on quest to speak to Zues, high king of Olympus." They looked at me and smiled, each holding a key to the gates, and turned them in the air, as the gates opened for us. "Come one, before they change their minds," I said, looking back at heather.
alistar
alistar
Demi-God

Back to top Go down

Post by alistar Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:57 pm

(yeah, i just checked, it is)
alistar
alistar
Demi-God

Back to top Go down

Post by dragon225girl Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:32 pm

[character confusion]

Harvest continued through, then looked to him again. "He told me to speak to his wife first," she said. "I don't know why, but apparently Hera knows whom I am decended from." They continued, Harvest constantly looking around at its splendour. "I guess I could see that being a reason to leave. Still..." A garden of pomegranite trees caught her interest, and only then remembered that she had forgotten to bring grenadine. She shrugged it off. It wasn't like she needed it.
dragon225girl
dragon225girl
Demi-God

Back to top Go down

Post by alistar Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:30 pm

I nodded and went off to the left, and led Harvest up to the doors, solid bronze, inlaid with silver in the shape of a tree. I opened them up and went into the hall, set up like an open air market. There was an open air further down and to the right of us, where my father had told me many of the goddess sat to wathch the water fall, and many nymphs played their music. WE where in luck. A woman sat there, listening to the playing of the nymphs. She wore a silver gown with a platinum tiara atop her brow. I kneeled down, saying "MyLadyHera, we have been sent to seek you by Zues."
alistar
alistar
Demi-God

Back to top Go down

Post by dragon225girl Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:02 pm

Heather walked forward in a daze. Something about the Goddess had every inch of her on end. She approached, and when Hera turned around to look at them, Heather was stunned scilent. She didn't need to hear Hera's words to know what was to be said. She had the feeling, and it was marvelous.

Hera turned and looked to the boy. She said nothing until she saw her, the girl. "Harvest..." Her voice was the most maternal voice there ever was, a voice of a child's shelter, and a she-bear to a bully. It was a mother's voice, and Hera did not look away from Harvest.
"Harvest... I am sorry. You are going to have many troubles... my Daughter."

Harvest was stunned.
dragon225girl
dragon225girl
Demi-God

Back to top Go down

Post by alistar Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:52 pm

I looked up, stunned at what was being said. I stood, and stepped back. I looked down, my hands clasped in front of me. "Well harvest...uhmm im going to let yall talk." I started to back up, stunned, taht the goddess of family, would ever have child out side of her husbands linegage.
alistar
alistar
Demi-God

Back to top Go down

Post by dragon225girl Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:49 pm

"M-mother?" Harvest asked, her eyes bright.
"Yes, dear one. You are my daughter," Hera said, looking to her. "You are the daughter born to myself, but you are not born of my husband, Zeus. You are my child, the daughter of Deverell, my temporary lover.
Harvest looked to her mother. It was over. The search was over. Here was her mother, claiming her, seemingly to want her daughter. One of her greatest fears seemed to simply be brushed away.
"Why?" Harvest asked, though her joy was great. It was something she had to know before she could fully accept Hera as her mother.
"I have cheated my husband, the King of the Gods," she said. "I had to hide you. Never having searched before, never allowing myself to even dream of such an act, I never knew I could love another other than Zeus. After having you, I feared Zeus's wrath."
"He has cheated on you many times," Harvest said. "Probably the most any God has cheated on their spouse!"
"He is still King, and therefore his authority over me still holds. But that has not kept you from me," she said. "But the secret could not last forever, and now he has found you. My daughter, I fear what his wrath will bring.
Harvest nodded. Still she had to be sure. "Did you... did you want me?"
Hera stood and moved to her daughter, seeming to shrink down from a divine size to a more human size. "My dear Harvest," she said, coming to her daughter and wrapping her in a hug. "Of course I wanted you.
Harvest smiled, hugging her mother back. It was more than she could ever hope for, and now it was hers. Finally, she could say she had a family, that she came from somewhere... that she belonged somewhere.
The room’s light dimmed instantly and seemed to shake a bit. ”HERA!!” A familiar frightening and powerful voice shouted through Olympus. Hera looked up, then back to her daughter.
”He will want to see you in the Room of Thrones,” she said. She looked to Ariston. ”You may as well come too.”
dragon225girl
dragon225girl
Demi-God

Back to top Go down

Post by alistar Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:28 am

I nodded my head, following behind Harvest and whispering into her ear "ITs always in the hero's interest to get the princess to like him, Princess." I smiled gently as i stepped back again. Half way to the Room of THrones though, I saw my Father, and was torn. I felt the need to be at his side, but I knew i had already given my sword to Harvest, and had to see it through with her. He stood there, robes glowing as golden as the sun, and I knew i had to leave. I let a bird of fire soar from my hand to his shoulder, where he could hear what i had to say, in the crackling of the fire. After the message was over, i felt the bird fade, and my fathers blessing upon, my skin glowing with sunlight. I smiled as i fold the Mother and Daughter into the throne room, and then i stopped. Zues sat at his throne, lighting bolt in hand, and the darkness of a storm brewing around his chair and form
alistar
alistar
Demi-God

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum