Ambrosia and Nectar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leander Kiron Visits Hades (short story)

Go down

Leander Kiron Visits Hades (short story) Empty Leander Kiron Visits Hades (short story)

Post by Glass_Kisses Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:44 am

Leander sat at the very edge of the dock, legs crossed with one hand trailing in the dark waters of the Styx. Shadows and souls grasped his fingers clamoring to be brought back to life. He whispered in his strange language to appease them. That’s when he heard the soft rustle of water as a paddle dipped into to the black depths of the river. Without a word he climbed in with the Ferryman Kharon. He started paddling again taking Leander deeper into the Underworld, closer to home. He really didn’t want to be there but his body required it to survive and his father needed a repot on his progress. At long last they arrived on the shore again. Leander walked the worn paths listening to his footsteps echo loudly through the dimly lit corridors. His shadows whispered in pleasure, swirling around him like a storm. It gave him an aura of such darkness that the underworld paled in comparison. This was his true self and he could only accomplish it here, at home. A low growl came from up ahead and he knew Cerberus was not to be avoided this time around. The three headed dog had never made more damage then snips and scratches, and never since he’s grown old enough to say something about it but the hound still put his nerves on edge. A loud bark rang through and he finally turned the last corner coming face to face with the growling dog. He only glanced at it and continued on his way past Aiakos and through the palace doors.

“Hermes told me you were coming to visit.”

Leander raised his head higher to look upon Hades himself as the lord of darkness stepped out into a dim light where he was more visible. Hades’ imposing figure loomed over him the strong facial structure of the gods face had been something Leander inherited to a more flattering (and less fearful) degree. Minos and Rhadamanthys flanked his throne looking at him curiously while Aiakos followed him inside completing the trio of judges. Thanatos lurked in the shadows behind his kings throne and the Keres went about their business setting food on the long table that dominated one side of the room. Upon one of the chairs sat the lovely nymph Minthe. It was summer which meant Persephone was not bound to the underworld. The Nymph was simply there for entertainment, a lover that Hades had.

“Yes well, you know how much I adore this place.”

Leander kicked one of the chairs that sat along the table raising a cloud of shimmering onyx dust. Hades leered at him.

“Will you not pay me the respect I deserve?” Leander glared right back at him.

“If memory serves correctly father, you deserve nothing of me.”

Hades sent his hand smashing down with raw force in the tender meet where his neck and shoulder met. Leander crashed to his knees with the force of the blow and tried to blink away the stars he was seeing.

“That’s better. Now show me.”

still kneeling and silent Leander took off his shirt and spread his arms so that his father could inspect his new art. Minthe stood from the table and joined Hades as he circled his son poking and prodding marks new and old. Minthe stroked his face purring like a satisfied kitten letting her hands roam his torso freely. Leander tried his best not to shiver feeling both pairs of hands upon him but his already defined musculature clenched visibly to the nymphs great delight. He closed his eyes and took deep breaths, tying to ignore it all.

“Good. Good. Many difficult conquests are shown here.”

“Once complete only the muses will be able to decipher the pictures and patterns.”

Thanatos said in his deep gravely voice. Leander put his shirt back on but stayed on the ground.

“How am I to know when it is complete?” he asked quietly.

“You will become immortal boy. A god!” Rhadamanthys said smiling. His brother, Minos agreed.

“Blessed with a splendor only the Olympians posses.” Leander looked to his father in confusion.

“Immortality is already mine.” Minthes hungry stare made him feel as if his skin were still exposed.

“Only because you have done your job dutifully up to this point have you not aged. If you stop luring girls, if you act foolishly enough to fall in love you will begin to age.”

“I haven’t aged in hundreds of years a-” Leander began to protest but was quickly cut off

“You will age if you do not do what was meant for you! I’ll make sure of it! Your life will be more than a mortal lifespan tenfold and you will age at an excruciating slow pace but your body WILL perish!”

Hades had never told his son this and Leander suspected that if he was being told now, Hades had heard something that compromised the game.

“I won’t turn into another soul in your river”

Leander hissed exerting all his anger on the ground beneath his knees.

“My dear boy nothing of the sort will happen. The Fates have not a thread for you and though your flesh may wither and die, your soul will travel the faces of the earth aimlessly, miserable, without a body to call home. The Erinyes will not help you. That is more punishment than any can stand.”

The shadows that dwelled with him writhed and shrieked in fear at the thought of losing their master.

“Then it appears my immortality is recently in question.”

Leander stood and headed back out but the palace doors slammed shut imprisoning him inside.

“Foolish boy!” Hades thundered. “It cost me much to believe the rumors I have heard but now I see truth! You question weather or not you are beginning to fall for a girl.” Thatanos and the judges looked upon him with disdain, whispering amongst themselves, making their displeasure at his actions well known.

“I question nothing” he lied

“Bring the Erinyes!” Hades yelled at one of the Keres, who skittered away into the dungeons. “Who is she!?!?” Leander’s shadows sank back into his skin. He looked away and said nothing.

“It must be one of Aphrodite’s kin, a Demi-God to stir such interest” Minthe whispered

“Blood lines and appearances do not matter to me” Leander responded. The distant sounds of the Erinyes chains could be heard in the corridors.

“Tell me who she is!”

Hades bellowed. He grabbed Leander by the by the chin forcing his son to look him in the eye. The Eriynes clattered through the side door in all their horrific beauty. The Goddesses of the Damned looked at him warmly. Although they were vicious, Leander had brought them joy while he was still an innocent child. He had given them the chance to see a soul grow rather than die and that had been something that warmed their hearts towards that whom they liked to call their lovely Shadow Boy. They stepped forward smiling, taking his hands in theirs, stroking his palms crooning. ‘beautiful shade’ ‘lovely Leander my shadow child’ ‘high time you returned my dear’

“Five lashes for the boy.” The Erinyes stopped crooning over him and stepped back. They were all business now and although they rejoiced in their friends return the king was not a force to be reckoned with. One of the goddesses stepped past him whispering an apology.

"I’m sorry Lee,” then he heard the chain links clink as she clasped the steel securely in her hand. Things almost seemed to go in slow motion. Minthe crept to her kings side clasping his arm, Rhadamanthys turned away, the heavy chain links whistled through the air, he closed his eyes and set his jaw straight waiting for it, then the cold steel landed heavily on his back. He stood tall and defiant but even he wasn’t strong enough to resist the pain the Erinyes’ chains brought. Yet it wasn’t until the fifth and final stroke that he grunted in pain and went sprawling on the floor again. He could distinctly feel the five separate gashes burned into his back. Hades shoved him onto his back with a kick in the ribs that caused Leander to yell out in pain.

“Tell me who she is. Or I’ll find out myself and kill her.”

“It would not fare well for you if you did. Leander gasped through clenched teeth.

“I will decide who is in my interest to kill”

“She is a daughter of Athena.” This started another uproar amongst the dark lords attendants

“Blasphemy!” Thanatos bellowed “This boy needs a bridle put in his mouth.”

“It’s true. Her name is Ramsey, and she goes to the academy I’m enrolled in. If you kill her, Athena will be fast on your trail.” Hades kicked his ribs again and he clutched his side rolling over so the ground would stop paining the cuts in his back more than necessary. Only when Hades stepped away did the Erinyes rush to his side offering shoulders to lean on and arms to help him up. He stood leaning heavily on the goddesses spitting blood onto the stone floor.

“If it wouldn’t break the rules of the game I would tell you what secrets your skin holds and you would see that it was well worth it.” He dropped his voice to a low menacing tone. “But if you fail I will kill you with my bare hands. No one cares enough about you to come seeking vengeance. You’ve only stirred illusions and hate in the world. If she were a daughter of Athena and if you fall for her than there is still no way that she can love you. Only an idiot would take in the likes of you knowing full well what you’ve done you dipic-”

“Do not lecture me on my faults.” he said as loudly as he could manage in his weakened state. “I am. What your curses. Have made me” his strength was fading away making his speech halting and painful to manage.

“I do not care what you are of me, if you cannot correctly manage this one task I will be sure that you do not live to tell the tale.” he turned to the goddesses of the damned. “Get him to a healer and make sure none of his skin scars. I will not risk compromising the information.” Leander lost all consciousness moments after the command was issued. An Erinye dragged him back onto the earth and left him in the care of an avid healer. He worked on Leander’s wounds then sent him on his way. The boys shadows escaped him in fear for many days and only when they returned to him did he gain enough strength to return to the cause of all his troubles and tears. The latter of which he had shed to few.
Glass_Kisses
Glass_Kisses
Titan

Back to top Go down