Ambrosia and Nectar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A flicker of doubt... [Veritas and Andy]

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

A flicker of doubt... [Veritas and Andy] - Page 2 Empty Re: A flicker of doubt... [Veritas and Andy]

Post by Highly Caffeinated Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:44 pm

Vance turned and smirked. He had fallen to the ground again...the pathetic loser. "I don't help his kind." He sneered. "If it wasn't for his...lack of good parentage...I might have healed him right here. But you see..." He walked a little closer. "...There's this god. His name is Apollo. I don't happen to like him very much. So there's that issue. Oh! I almost forgot. I don't like you at all, Worthless. So that prevents me from feeling any...pity. I bid thee farewell, Nameless. May we meet again under more...pleasant circumstances." He tipped an imaginary hat to her and walked off again. The thick trees provided a generally wide shadow. He smiled. Maybe under the cover of night. Where I am at my best, m'dear... his thought trailed off.
Highly Caffeinated
Highly Caffeinated
Titan

http://www.speshulcookie.fo

Back to top Go down

A flicker of doubt... [Veritas and Andy] - Page 2 Empty Re: A flicker of doubt... [Veritas and Andy]

Post by Glass_Kisses Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:18 pm

Andy hated what she was about to do but Veritas had hit the floor again and he was in no way able to make way on his own. She pulled Veritas up by his arm again. “I’ll get you to your room Ver just stop trying to hurt yourself any further.” This lad had struck something in her that drew her to kindness. Something that was very unlike her and much less understandable with her lineage and past experiences. But she had a feeling he was trustworthy in a way she didn’t think anyone could posses. Now she just had to deal with that pain that was walking away again. “Your Highness” her words were dripping with venom of the sweetest taste. “ A trade.” she called to him. “Your assistance for my name and one acceptable favor on my part as payment.” She waited expectantly for him to agree, Veritas needed to lay down and rest off his pains.
Glass_Kisses
Glass_Kisses
Titan

Back to top Go down

Post by dragon225girl Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:08 am

"No," Veritas said, hearing her offer to evil's-spawn still walking away. He shook his head, despite how dizzy he felt. He wouldn't let his body be a hinderance. He should've been able to handle this. He had fallen out of trees before, did it have to be this one time that he injured himself so badly? He couldn't let Andromeda owe that creeper a favor. "You shouldn't have to owe him anything," Veritas said to her. He was blinking a bit more than usual to keep his focus. Hades damn it! Why do you have to ruin everything, Father?! It seems you always choose the worst possible time to weaken me! He kept blinking to stay focused. He was not going to let himself black out, not with that arrogant narcisist still around.
dragon225girl
dragon225girl
Demi-God

Location : Scuffling with the Fifth Daemon... Curse you, subconsiousness!

Back to top Go down

Post by Highly Caffeinated Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:33 pm

Vance turned and thought his luck might be turning. He chuckled as he approached again. "Well now. That's a bit more like it. But of course that would depend on your definition of 'acceptable favor'." He grinned and leaned against a tree. "Or how important this...thing is to you. Is he worth...a night with me? I'm much more pleasant at night, demeanor wise. And well...much happens under the cover of night that...is very pleasant. Or so they've told me. Of course you wouldn't have to do anything of the like if you didn't want to." He smiled. He spoke as if the deal had been made already but he couldnt help himself. Something about her fire. Her spark. It interested him.
Highly Caffeinated
Highly Caffeinated
Titan

Back to top Go down

Post by Glass_Kisses Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:59 pm

She almost dropped Veritas at his words. What exactly had she gotten herself into? She let out a frustrated snarl sounding more like an animal than anything else. She set Veritas up on a tree so that she could pace and tear at low branches and tree trunks with her dagger, the only weapon she was allowed to have. Damned be her father, she would have been able to handle the situation with much more ease if she’d had her entire arsenal. Andy growled again and finally faced him with a look that could melt glaciers.

She shook her head in frustration then whirled back around and dashed toward him putting her dagger back at his throat. “Listen to me ingrate I accept.” her whisper was a menacing hiss and she put extra emphasis on her insults. “But if you so much as lay a finger on me without my specific consent to do so, I will saw your head off with a butter knife. Understand? Now you‘ll help Veritas to his room and you will do so nicely. I am Andromeda, daughter of Ares. You‘d do well to remember it.”
Glass_Kisses
Glass_Kisses
Titan

Back to top Go down

Post by dragon225girl Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:52 pm

Veritas clinged to the trunk of the tree she had set him in and watched her pace. He found himself staring at her. She had such power, it was like watching a panther pace, power, grace, and... beauty. He blinked and thought of his pain, getting destracted in it. He grimaced. You can't think like that, Veritas. You know how it would turn out. Not once has it been different. Either she will use you, or she will meet some guy who will... like that spawn-of-tartarus right there. He then saw her leap at him, threatening him with all the intent of a feirce and wild mother-lion. He knew that she would be able to defend herself, but a part of him just couldn't stand to see such a favor owed. "No," he said from the tree, his voice not as strong as he wished. "You ca-" His vision blanked to white and his head whirled. Cannot lie... Cannot lie... When he stopped his words, his head spun and he leaned against the tree. His headache was making him nauseous again. There must be something truthful you can say against this, Veritas! He looked up again, ignoring his dizzy head. "You shouldn't have to owe him anything."
dragon225girl
dragon225girl
Demi-God

Back to top Go down

Post by Highly Caffeinated Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:51 am

Vance turned to her and said "I shan't forget it, nor would I ever dream of doing so. Daughter of Ares...no wonder you have such fire. Meet me at the forests edge at dusk." he took a step and raised a gloved finger tilting her gaze up to him. The malicious glare was tantalizing. "Do us both a favor, dear. Wear something more...revealing. It would do you much justice." He grinned, smooth as always and looked to Ver, barely holding on. "Alright, Worthless-Oh...I suppose I should call you by your name, Veritas." he surveyed the man-judging his weight to be enoght that he could carry him back, but just in case. "You might feel a little dizzy...lightheaded...or just light perhaps, but do not vomit on me. I swear to the gods..." He trailed off. Then he muttered some strange words under his breath and pointed at Ver. A stream of purple and orange smoke arose from the ground. Vance grinned and brushed some of it aside. "Up you go." Vance grabbed his good arm and leg, the ones he hadn't landed on, and swung him up onto his back. He was a great deal lighter now, much easier to carry. "I'll see you at sunset my dear." He winked and then began to walk off, Ver on his back, slightly hunched but not terribly so.
Highly Caffeinated
Highly Caffeinated
Titan

Back to top Go down

Post by Glass_Kisses Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:37 pm

Andy knew more than to trust his words and resisted the urge to spit in his face when he suggested she change her wardrobe. “I don’t need my fathers help to kill you, remember that also.” she said smoothly and twisted out of his grasp turning to where Veritas was. “Veritas you are worth more sacrifice than this imbecile. If nothing more than for your honesty. Calm yourself man I can take care of myself.” She put a light hand on his good shoulder relishing the feel of its strength without showing it on her face. “Count on me for anything Veritas. I believe I may be able to count you as an acquaintance soon. If not a friend.” she moved out of the way and watched as Vance picked him up and they headed towards the boys dorms, waiting until they were out of sight to part towards her own room.
Glass_Kisses
Glass_Kisses
Titan

Back to top Go down

Post by dragon225girl Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:42 pm

Veritas gave one last friendly look to Andromeda. He wanted to say something, but he felt that if he opened his mouth, he would be sick again. He was disoriented by whatever the arrogant jerk had done to him. He spent most of the travel trying to ignore himself and who carried him. Unfortunately, that just left him even more dizzy and nauseated. He concentrated more on his own thoughts, what his father had said. What did he mean my bloodline would get me killed? Concentrating on that mystery, he found they were already at the dorms. When he asked, Ver answered with his room number and location. It wasn't long before they had reached there either. Opening the door, he found himself in his room, one of his few sanctuaries. The design was almost a wild garden, many earthy colors and wooden furnature. There were looking like tribal drums in the corner, some elsewhere being used for side-tables. He also had some living plants in there as well. He had many books as well, and plenty of amazing wildlife pictures. Despite being the son of Apollo, there was rarely anything in the room that mentioned the sun. Veritas was set down onto his bed and he looked back at the man who had helped him. "Don't you harm her," he managed to say.
He simply laughed at Ver. "And what are you going to do about it with broken bones and broken spirit, oh truthful one?"
Ver was almost struck down by the words. "oh truthful one" He knows... He already knows my curse. He watched him as he left the room, stunned and unable to say anything. How could he?! Surely it isn't that obvious?! If it was, so many others would have found out sooner! How?! How... He shook his head, baffled. His thoughts consumed him until he was consumed by his injuries and he slowly drifted off to sleep.
dragon225girl
dragon225girl
Demi-God

Back to top Go down

Post by Highly Caffeinated Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:57 pm

How laughable that poor half god looked as Vance strided from the room, a sly grin on his face. Vance wasn't stupid. He kept up with people. Some aquintances of his had talked all about Veritas at one point, laughing and drinking while they talked about how he couldn't lie. Vance had laughed with them at the time but he knew that they were sick. Sure it would be fun to laugh at the poor man stuck in such a trap but even someone as seemingly immoral as Vance had some principles. One could ruin his life...That was not very...admirable according to Vance.

Although watching Ver squirm at the thought of his possible blackmail did make Vance smile a bit. He wouldn't ever do it, but the fact that Ver thought he would, and was nervous about it, was comical.

Vance waited a few hours then made his way down to the forest line, before sunset. He climbed into a tree and sat on a sturdy branch awaiting Andy's arrival. He would treat her well as he did with all women he took out in the evenings. Something about her...he wanted to know more about her. He wanted to talk with her, find out about her.
Highly Caffeinated
Highly Caffeinated
Titan

Back to top Go down

Post by Glass_Kisses Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:48 pm

Andy sat on her bed with her dresser open staring into it and finding nothing. She didn’t even know why she cared but she wanted to make this idiot feel as confused as he made her feel and following his orders to some extent would add to the effect. Her whole wardrobe consisted of black jeans and t-shirts with the occasional long sleeve or pair of shorts. Gray was about as colorful as she got. She was just about to put on the first thing she touched when she remembered something. Aphrodite, her fathers most preferred lover had given her gifts to try and get on her good side when they were both forced to inhabit Ares’ lair and most of it was ridiculously frilly clothes. She pulled out a large suitcase she hadn’t bothered to unpack and pulled out some of the things the goddess had gifted her with. Andromeda smiled devilishly and drew her dagger. “I’ll just make this more to my liking.”

Without finding a place she could safely conceal her dagger Andy decided to leave it in her room against her better judgment but instead of going totally unarmed she hung a knuckle duster from her neck on a loose thin chain and checked on her eyeliner one more time. She wasn’t completely fashion missing she just chose not to draw attention to herself. It was futile of course she looked lithe and graceful in anything she wore. She click clacked down the hall in the only pair of heels she owned. Some black pumps from Marc Jacobs, another of Aphrodite’s useless gifts. Considering the height of them such a feat would have been impossible if Andy didn’t have absolute perfect balance.

She went in the direction of the forest getting more than one appreciative glance along the way and a stern one from a wandering professor. Her skirt was after all scandalously far from mid thigh. Even the suspenders she had on them hung lower than the hem. She didn’t care much though, if she was going to dress up she’d do it her way. She reached finally reached the edge of the forest and stopped in front of the line of trees then cocked her hip and put a hand on it. The sun was halfway on its decent into the horizon and the sky was tinged wih various hues of colors. Under other circumstances she might have enjoyed it. “Okay I’m here. Lets get this over with.” she called up a tree. She knew he was up there if he’d left a more visible trail a blind person would have been able to find him.

(Just because i had super extra time and imagination (lol) this is what Andy looks like at the moment): CLICK IT TO SEE!
(And this is the adorable skirt (that i wish i owned)):THE AWESOME SKIRT
Glass_Kisses
Glass_Kisses
Titan

Back to top Go down

Post by Highly Caffeinated Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:02 am

Vance dropped down into a crouch and then stood. His leather jacket over his back t-shirt and black jeans seemed underdressed against Andromeda. "Well. Look who took my advice. Although you don't sound to happy to see me. I have to say. You look most...ravishing." His eyes looked her over as he said this. He leaned against the tree.

"Now, dear, he have a few options. We can have dinner, walk, talk, whatever you like within reason. I intend to...see what fans the fiery flames that encompasses you, darling. You intrigue me. I want to know you." he whispered. "And you owe me the night. Am I not much more pleasant?" He smiled a knowing grin. Like he possesed knowledge which she didn't. "Now. Dinner or walking? Or sit up in a tree with me and talk? That's best done when the moon can be seen, though. And since the sun is just setting, I think the best choice would be dinner." He finished.
Highly Caffeinated
Highly Caffeinated
Titan

Back to top Go down

Post by Glass_Kisses Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:23 pm

Andy couldn’t help but think that he looked to good for his own good. He had this uncaring attitude that just added on smoothing over any impression one may have of him. She huffed to get the ludicrous idea away from herself. “I am one who sees only what was first impressed upon my mind. So I can’t really see you as anything more than being a bad word a don’t believe you’re worth staining my tongue over.” she said with a fake smile.

“I was the one Invited so I suggest you choose your way before I lose all interest. Oh, and your interest in me is not very welcome. I don’t particularly enjoy the subject of my past.” she crossed her arms and looked around. Anywhere but at him, waiting for Vance to make a decision. She feared that if she took another look in his dark eyes she’d get lost in them.
Glass_Kisses
Glass_Kisses
Titan

Back to top Go down

Post by Highly Caffeinated Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:33 pm

Vance laughed quietly. "Dinner it is." He incanted in some sort of ancient language. One he prefered to English as it had a better feel in his bones. At his words a black blanket appeared on the ground, raising from the ground, and if one blinked they would miss the appearance of several food dishes and a bottle of wine. He sat down, leaning on one arm and looked up at her expentantly, an eyebrow raised. He used his other hand to gesture to the food. "Sit. Eat. You must be famished. And if not, we can always skip straight to dessert." It was up to her whether or not she took that as a double meaning.

Where they were positioned that had a beautiful view of the oranges and pinks in the darkening sky. "A new dusk. A new night. The evening is lovely." he muttered absentmindedly.
Highly Caffeinated
Highly Caffeinated
Titan

Back to top Go down

Post by Glass_Kisses Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:56 pm

Andromeda glared at him and his little comment. A lesser girl could be easily overtaken by this beautiful mans forked tongue. With no intent of pleasing him on this afternoon she took a seat on the plush blanket, tucking her legs to one side of her until she was comfortable. “A picnic” she rolled her eyes and reached for a glass to pour herself some wine. “How very original.” She ate a little of everything and even then, cautiously but it was delicious. The wine however, she found hard to ignore it had a warm soothing taste and felt like honey sliding down her throat. It was strange though for she had never picked up the habit of drinking

When she heard Vance murmuring to himself she stared at him intently thinking he was much more pleasant when he thought no one was listening. “Then I guess that’s one thing we can agree on.” she took another sip of wine and looked out at the horizon. Apollo was rapidly descending now slipping away the lovely colors of natures pallet.
Glass_Kisses
Glass_Kisses
Titan

Back to top Go down

Post by Highly Caffeinated Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:02 pm

"It may be cliché, but it's a delicious one." he grinned. He laid back on the blanket. "I love the night. It's so...calming. But maybe that's just me, speaking from the perspective of a creature of the night." he flashed her a sparkling smile. As they finished with various dishes, they just disappeared. All that was left was the wine, settled in it's bucket and the blanket that they were on. It was a cool evening but the breeze felt good against his skin. He smiled in contentment. A gorgeous woman to be in the company of and a beautiful night. What more could he want?
Highly Caffeinated
Highly Caffeinated
Titan

Back to top Go down

Post by Glass_Kisses Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:49 pm

“You know. In all this,” Andy waved her glass in the air in an attempt to um up the past few hours without saying a word. “I don’t believe you ever told me your name. I’d think it only fair trade after I offered mine.” Andromeda was content to sit there all night as long as he didn’t come any closer. He did seem much calmer at night but air still hung about him. Every movement he made seem to exude that feeling of “Everything I walk upon belongs to me” and it wasn’t something she particularly enjoyed seeing in people, not even herself. However he had kept his gaze directed elsewhere then straight at her as most other men tended to do and it was something she was grateful for.
Glass_Kisses
Glass_Kisses
Titan

Back to top Go down

Post by Highly Caffeinated Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:05 pm

He looked at her with a sly smile. "Vance. Vance Mentirose-son of Hecate the Titan." he smiled and poured himself another glass of wine. He looked her over once again, particularly her creamy legs under the skirt. He decided to make a small movement toward her. He looked down at her and whispered. "What would you like to do next?" He started to put a magic-y haze over her. To where she wouldn't mind how close he got. It would be broken if he touched her but he hoped that if he did-she would be lost in the feeling of the night and his fingers.
Highly Caffeinated
Highly Caffeinated
Titan

Back to top Go down

Post by Glass_Kisses Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:08 pm

‘Hecate’ she cursed inwardly. The man was most likely blasted sorcerer who could control her to his every whim and she’d fallen right into it. Andromeda was about to get angry beyond all measure when she suddenly didn’t really feel the need to, as if someone had just put a warm fuzzy cover on her thoughts. Through the strange stillness she concluded it was not the wines effect but she couldn’t really make herself care either. When she turned to him he seemed a bit closer than he had before but she waved the thought away with the lovely night air and slight buzz. She smiled warmly at him and if she weren’t under such influences it would have been a close example of what her real, full, smile looked like. Her perfectly rounded lips curved up with ease illuminating her face like the light of the moons sheer purpose were to compliment her. The only time she had smiled this way was when her father had granted her use of his name. It was, then, as if she finally had a name for herself. How foolish she had been to think the freedom meant he would accept her openly and make her objected to his affections. The war god seemed to praise the work of his sons more than daughters, even after she’d gone out of her way to defeat many of them in a futile attempt to show him her ability. Without really thinking about it andy leaned forward and said “What about that dessert you were talking about”
Glass_Kisses
Glass_Kisses
Titan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2