Ambrosia and Nectar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Corner of the Lunchroom: Loner's Table

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Corner of the Lunchroom: Loner's Table Empty The Corner of the Lunchroom: Loner's Table

Post by dragon225girl Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:30 am

Demi-god Academy, huh? Harvest thought to herself. She looked around. Being new was usually a disorienting experience, but she was in a surprisingly good mood today. The Academy looked less like an institution than some of the other places she had been. It still wasn't any of her previous homes, but it was a well enough place. She could get used to it. She had a feeling that her room would require some interior decorating. She smiled at the thought. Looking around, she found a quiet table in the corner of everything, somewhere she could just sit and watch for a while as she still tried to get used to the place, get used to its energy. Sitting down, she leaned her head back on a tree that was alongside the table. She breathed in its scent, enjoying how the Academy kept nature so close by. I think I'm going to like this place, she thought. Just then, her entire mood shifted. It was as if someone had just kicked an animal in front of her, only she saw no logical reason for the change. What just happened... She picked up on a scent in the air... She had that feeling... the feeling of approaching thunderstorms. What has Zeus so angry, so instantly?

She looked at the shadows from the sun. I should probably find my room... she thought, her true focus on the feeling in the air. For some reason, she wanted to get out of from the view of the sky. She took her stuff and left the table. As she left, a small trinket fell out from her bag. It was a small, whittled bit of wood. It looked like a quail, and had a small engraving on it. Harvest didn't notice it and continued off.

Forever, our Avan

Last edited by dragon225girl on Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Harvest needed to go somewhere else.)
dragon225girl
dragon225girl
Demi-God

Location : Scuffling with the Fifth Daemon... Curse you, subconsiousness!

Back to top Go down

The Corner of the Lunchroom: Loner's Table Empty Re: The Corner of the Lunchroom: Loner's Table

Post by dragon225girl Sat May 22, 2010 8:03 pm

[After the storm.]

Harvest walked through the campus, a strange, other-worldly look on her face. She was lost in thought, consumed. She was so close... so close! ...and her head was filled with questions. There was only one thing to do... Listen to Zeus.
dragon225girl
dragon225girl
Demi-God

Back to top Go down

The Corner of the Lunchroom: Loner's Table Empty Re: The Corner of the Lunchroom: Loner's Table

Post by alistar Sat May 29, 2010 10:12 am

I bumped into some girl walking down the hall.I was out of class yet again, but i had already shrugged that off. I turn and looked at the girl and noticed the little trinket that had fallen out of her back. I picked it up, and went back over to her. "hey, this fell out of your back." I looked at her and gave one of my famous shinning smiles. "My name is Ariston. Whats yours?"
alistar
alistar
Demi-God

Back to top Go down

Post by dragon225girl Sat May 29, 2010 2:53 pm

Harvest's eyes widened at the sight of the wooden quail and she took it quickly. "Gods, I- I didn't even notice it was missing!" She held the trinket close to her, then looked to the kid before her. His blonde hair stuck up at an odd, but interesting angle and there was a fire in his eyes, a burning will. She remembered herself and held out her hand. "Thank you for returning this to me, Ariston. I'm Heather."
dragon225girl
dragon225girl
Demi-God

Back to top Go down

Post by alistar Mon May 31, 2010 1:49 am

I smiled and shook her hand. I took at good look at her, trying to find any hint as to who her godly parent was. "I dont remember ever hearing about the quail being a gods chosen bird, and you have no marks as to who sired you, so im asking who is your godly ancestor." I opened a palm and let a flicker of fire dance over and between my fingers.
alistar
alistar
Demi-God

Back to top Go down

Post by dragon225girl Mon May 31, 2010 2:32 am

She looked from his face to his hand, jumping a bit as the fire appeared. "Oh! Helios?" She asked. "I... I don't know who my divine parent is," she said. "I actually plan on... finding out soon." She kept the quail wood carving in her hand, close to her. She was not going to let herself lose it again.
dragon225girl
dragon225girl
Demi-God

Back to top Go down

Post by alistar Mon May 31, 2010 11:03 pm

I sighed and closed my palm, extinguishing the flame. I looked at her, and she seemed so fragile. She wasn't any type of fighter for sure, and she did not look like she would want to have fun of the kind I liked. "Sorry about the fire," I said half-halfheartedly, "Its an old habit, you know, one of those things you don't remember not doing."
alistar
alistar
Demi-God

Back to top Go down

Post by dragon225girl Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:54 am

"No, it's fine," she said, "I didn't expect to see flames dancing before me. That's a great gift. Since I don't even know my divine parent, I can't really tell if I have any cool abilities." She looked around at all the kids, pretty much all of them in shape, a lot of them with the build and cut of fighters. "And it seems to me that skill hand-to-hand or with a weapon isn't anything special. I definately dont have the skill of, say, a child of Ares, but I like to think my divine blood keeps me above human mediocre. ...I'm talking a lot, aren't I? I'm sorry." She laughed at herself. It seemed her excitement from the storm still hadn't worn off completely.
dragon225girl
dragon225girl
Demi-God

Back to top Go down

Post by alistar Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:44 pm

I smiled and shook my head, blond locks falling out of place and whipped my hair back in place. " Divine blood is only good if you use it, so use it or lose it sister." I paused for a second and shrugged, "Or cousin is much more likely." i started playing with fire again, twirling it like a serpent over my hand and arm. "And dont be sorry for talking, its nice to see a person with more thoughts then just a new sword move or a monster hunt."
alistar
alistar
Demi-God

Back to top Go down

Post by dragon225girl Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:08 pm

"Yea," Harvest said, brushing her own hair back that had fallen in her face. "I've definately had a lot on my mind after Zeus's storm visit." Her eyes had lost focus and looked off into the distance. Mount Olympus... Speak to Hera... Would she even speak to me? I'm only a Demi-god... Then again, Zeus told me to, so I might have a shot... I wonder what she'll tell me. I'm most certainly not a daughter of Aphrodite; I don't have the looks. I can't be of Zeus; I felt nothing in his presence besides electricity, wind, and fear. I feel little to no kinship with Ariston, so I am probably not of Helios. I'm so close...
dragon225girl
dragon225girl
Demi-God

Back to top Go down

Post by alistar Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:20 pm

I hoped up onto the table, taking one of the forks there and twirling it around and around with the flame in my fingers, smiling like a fool yet again. "So mister thunder was here for your ass? Your lucky your not on a platter." I shuddered, thinking of the time I fought a grandson of Zues, "Not a bloodline worth fighting, to many casualties."
alistar
alistar
Demi-God

Back to top Go down

Post by dragon225girl Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:44 pm

Heather sat down and leaned back, using the table as a backrest. "I have no doubts about that being true," she said, laughing a bit in memory of Zeus's imposing power. "I must've done something to get on his bad side, cause from what I can tell, he doesn't like me. He knows who my divine parent is, but he wouldn't tell me." Heather exhaled deeply, closing her eyes and letting her head fall back. Her excitement was heightening her stress levels as her mind tumbled through every possibility. She kept running through her past, trying to find a hint, but she knew that on her own, she'd be helpless. She had to ask Hera, as Zeus had said. Opening her eyes again, she turned to the pouch canteen she kept at her side, always ready with her favorite drink. Taking a sip, she cooled some of her thoughts in the flavor. It was like blood in color, and smelled of fruit.
dragon225girl
dragon225girl
Demi-God

Back to top Go down

Post by alistar Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:57 pm

I smelled the sweet fruits of her juice, and I looked at Heather yet again, and back to the canteen. "Can i get a sip of that? Thanks." Taking a drink, i handed it back to her and thought. It reminded me of someone, but i couldnt quite place it. I knew it was a woman, then it hit me, pomegranates. "Heather, did you know that pomegranates are Hera's fruit. Her sacred fruit. Why are you drinking this with out offering sacrifice?"
alistar
alistar
Demi-God

Back to top Go down

Post by dragon225girl Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:04 pm

Heather took another sip before putting it back to her side. "I do," she said. "Each time I make it, I offer to Hera. I don't forget my place as half-mortal. I offer to all the gods. One of them is bound to be my parent, I can't exactly slack off with one should they be my mom or dad." She stood up to lean against the tree. "With all I give in sacrifices and offerings, it's no wonder I haven't been able to find a place to settle."
dragon225girl
dragon225girl
Demi-God

Back to top Go down

Post by alistar Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:07 pm

i nodded thinking of another goddess. Nemisis. "there is a goddess called Nemisis. Not the god of revenge, but of balance and promises." I looked up at heather and continued, for once serious, "If you really give all to the gods, she will ensure that balance is restored to you as well." I stood up and started to walk out and looked back. "In the mean time i suggest we start figuring out who you are." I smiled, all my goofiness returned
alistar
alistar
Demi-God

Back to top Go down

Post by dragon225girl Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:59 pm

Harvest looked to him. "You want to help me?" she asked surprised. "That's new. Usually people avoid me. Then again, I can't blame them. I've made way too many mistakes to be trusted on." She leaned her head back against the tree. "But... by gods, it would be great to finally know where I come from."
dragon225girl
dragon225girl
Demi-God

Back to top Go down

Post by alistar Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:59 am

I just shrugged,"Only if you want help. A person has to make their own life." I stood up and rolled my shoulders, popping my back and neck. "Besides," I said carefree, "You haven't done anything to me, so i see no reason to judge you on your past."
alistar
alistar
Demi-God

Back to top Go down

Post by dragon225girl Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:43 pm

She stood there, her expression amazed for a moment as she shook her head at him. "Why aren't there more people who saw like you do?" She asked, not expecting an answer. "Then again... well, I guess that's for you to decide if you want to... Hey... Do you know how to get to Olympus?"
dragon225girl
dragon225girl
Demi-God

Back to top Go down

Post by alistar Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:22 pm

I looked at her eyes, gauging her spirit. I sighed and drew out a sun berry. I set it down between us, smoke coming up on the table, "This is a sun berry, from my father, it can take me there, and anything im holding." I then drew out a map, rolling it out. "There also a mountain path, and since its the middle of summer, it will be raining, but managable. If not there is always magic, or through invation, Why though?"
alistar
alistar
Demi-God

Back to top Go down

Post by dragon225girl Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:46 pm

Harvest looked to the berry with interest. They always astonished her, the mystic items of the world. She looked back to him. "Well... Zeus made it very clear to me during the storm that if I am ever to find out who my divine parent is, I must go to Olympus."
dragon225girl
dragon225girl
Demi-God

Back to top Go down

Post by alistar Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:50 pm

I nodded, and looked at my map. And started to trace a few routes. "Unless i use this berry, we wont get there in time for the summer solstace. Thats the great meeting, all gods will be there. IF theres a time to do it, its then." i pick all the items up, and returned them to my belt. "Would an hour be long enough to get all your stuff for a quest together?"
alistar
alistar
Demi-God

Back to top Go down

Post by dragon225girl Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:57 pm

Heather perked up, her sense of adventure climbing. "As a matter of fact, most of my stuff is already together," she said. "Half an hour would be enough. Let me get-" she stopped, then looked to him again. "Are you sure you want to help me? I'm only okay in fighting so you would have to play defender if we run into anything difficult."
dragon225girl
dragon225girl
Demi-God

Back to top Go down

Post by alistar Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:14 am

I smiled and pulled one of my hunting knifes out, and proceeded to clean under my finger nails. "Trust me," I said with one of my shining smiles, "I know how to kill any monster that might try to get their hands on us, and of course im sure about going." I straightened up and smiled sadly, "My father will be there any ways."
alistar
alistar
Demi-God

Back to top Go down

Post by dragon225girl Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:01 pm

Heather looked away nodding. It must be nice to be able to visit those who gave you life... she thought. She then moved away from the tree. "I'll be back," she said. She paused before leaving to get her things and turned back to look at him. "Thank you..." She didn't know how long their friendship would last, but she was glad to have made a friend. At some point, he may learn about me... then we shall see what he thinks of my past...
dragon225girl
dragon225girl
Demi-God

Back to top Go down

Post by alistar Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:50 am

I smiled and nodded, before heading off to gather supplies. Not much would be needed. I got some gauntlets and greaves, and strapped them underneath my pack and bedroll, which i filled with mortal food and water, along with some basic first aid. I also brought a half canteen of nectar, the drink of the gods, and one of my fathers own brews of it. I grapped some throwing knifes, and strapped three along each outer side of my boots, and then i grabbed a gladius, and for good messure a bow with a half quiver of arrows, and went back to wait on heather.
alistar
alistar
Demi-God

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum