Ambrosia and Nectar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wrath of the Sky [Harvest]

Go down

The Wrath of the Sky [Harvest] Empty The Wrath of the Sky [Harvest]

Post by dragon225girl Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:46 am

Harvest thought the winds were a little nervous before, but now they were howling in fear. Zeus's rage, for whatever it was, had manifested itself into a furious storm, his flashes of lightning striking the ground with all his force. Harvest was having difficulty reading with the noise of the storm and her feeling of unease.

Her heart jolted as the lightning bolt struck the building, her very room! The window shattered and rain and wind entered her room, tossing everything into the air, around her, and into the walls, the roof, and the ceiling. Harvest scrambled from the center of the room to the corner, avoiding the flying picture frames, books, and papers. The violence was terrifying and Harvest kept her forearms covering her head and eyes, as the glass shards from the window were also kicked up into the storm that hand now entered her room.

For what seemed to be ten minutes, Harvest stayed crumpled up in the corner, shielding herself from the storm. Millions of thoughts crossed through her mind, but one kept her frozen in her place. This is for me.

"Harvest Deverell, Unclaimed Demigod," came a frighteningly powerful voice. When asked later, that would be all she could use to describe it, "frightening" and "powerful".

The storm suddenly lowered in intensity, letting objects settle on the floor and most of the rain and wind to remain outside her shattered window. A man stepped onto the frame of her window, shoed in Greek sandals. He stepped down, dressed in the fashion of the gods, as they were carved in statues, sealed in memory in their peated or draping fabrics. When he stepped down, her breath caught.

"Y-y-you..." her breath was lost.

"Do not mistake me for a walker of Gaia, Harvest," came the powerful and frightful voice from the familiar face. "I am not who this form shows," he said. He stood proudly, feircely, facing her. It was when she saw the lightning bolt in his hand that she realized who it was.

"I come to you in this form," he said. "I am Zeus, King of Gods, and Ruler of the Sky!"

Harvest could find nothing to say. Zeus had come to her, a god, speaking to her. Not only that, though, he was in the form she feared, a man from her past, a scar on her life so deep, she could feel the wound as if the emotional sword were running her through again. Why had Zeus chosen this form, of all the people on the earth, to visit her in?

"Harvest Deverell, I have for you a quest," Zeus said, his voice seeming to boom at her, as thunder does with lightning in the lead, "This quest shall be the first of many. You better hope that you may survive."

Harvest could only stare back in shock. A quest? She had never been on a quest of any kind. She had traveled and experienced a lot, but adventure? That was something... something she had always wanted, but never could bring herself to do. It was always what her firends did, what the guys did, never her.
This... this could be her chance.

"First," Zeus said, "You must find and reach Mount Olympus, by any means. There you must speak with the Queen of the Gods. Ask her," he said, his eyes narrowing and menace filling his voice, "Ask her of your heritage."

My... my heritage? Will she... will she tell me who my parents are? She could not say it out loud. Her fear of Zeus and the form he took was too great. It seems he heard her anyway.

"She will tell you," he said, "And then I will tell you your next quest." He walked to the window again. "Do not defy me, Harvest, or your punishment shall be long to end." He stepped onto the window frame and vanished into the storm outside. At the last moment, he cast back his lightning bolt and it struck the center of her room, burning an intricate burn and shock pattern onto the floor.

The storm continued to rage, but it now stayed mostly outside. Harvest stayed in her corner stil, breathing deep, trying to right herself. She couldn't believe what had happened. Seeing that face again... speaking with Zeus... her heritage near revelation...
In all the chaos in her mind, she blacked out.

When she came to, the storm was quieted. It was only a passing rain now, the drops from the sky caressing the building instead of attacking it. Her room was soaked, ruined papers scattered everywhere and nothing was in its proper place. She had fallen onto the floor, her side drenched from the water that had made a puddle of her room. She jerked up, then regretted it, the side of her head pounding from her fall to the floor.

Her memories came flooding in, much like the water from the storm. She still had trouble believing it.

I have a quest, Harvest acknowledged. Then, she realized something more...

I am going to find out who I am.
dragon225girl
dragon225girl
Demi-God

Location : Scuffling with the Fifth Daemon... Curse you, subconsiousness!

Back to top Go down